Everybody wins when you make a gift of appreciated stock to the Community Foundation of the South Okanagan. Your gains are put to good use. Your gift of stock is reinvested in your community, and it qualifies for an immediate tax credit.
How it works:
- You make a gift of eligible securities directly to your community foundation.
- Your gift can be placed into any of our charitable funds in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honour of any person or organization you choose. For example, you can use your gift to create a Designated Fund or a Donor Advised Fund. Or you can establish an Unrestricted Fund so your gift can respond to the most pressing community needs.
- Your gift qualifies for a tax credit and you avoid the capital gains tax that would otherwise arise from the sale of this stock.
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.