This Community Fund is a pool of donated dollars that is used to support a wide variety of programs and activities in Osoyoos.
Giving to this fund is your connection to local charity, providing support for Osoyoos today while creating new choices for new projects in the future. Give where you live today!
How the Fund works
- People donate to the Community Fund to create a pool of donated dollars, which is managed by the Community Foundation.
- The pool of donations is invested and every year, in perpetuity, earnings from that investment are used to help support projects and programs in Osoyoos.
- Individuals and local charities apply to the Community Foundation to receive funding to run a program, project, event or activity in Osoyoos.
- Projects are selected to receive funding through a partnership with the Osoyoos volunteer Advisory Committee and the Community Foundation. The Advisory Committee provides input on community needs and priorities, and the Community Foundation manages the granting process.
- Funds are granted to local charities and individual recipients so they can set to work making Osoyoos a thriving community.
- Repeat process in perpetuity!
Types of activities supported by the Fund
All kinds of community-specific projects can be funded:
- Vibrant arts and cultural events
- Sports and recreational activities
- Opportunities for our youngest to oldest citizens
- Innovative programs
- Resources for longer-term preservation and for responding to immediate needs
Recent recipients of the Osoyoos Community Fund and from the Unrestricted Regional Fund include:
- NK’MIP Desert Heritage Society
- Osoyoos Museum
- Osoyoos Desert Society
How to Donate
Apply for Funding
To learn more about how to apply, please visit our Foundation Grants page.
To learn more: Kim English email@example.com 250-486-2020