100 Women Who Care is a group of women who share a common desire to give back and inspire local philanthropy in their community. The group is open to all women — the more women who get involved, the greater our impact will be!
Since 2014 we have donated close to $150,000 to local charities in the South Okanagan Similkameen!
How it works
- Meet 4 times a year
- One-time $100 commitment fee to the 100 Women Who Care Endowment Fund
- Commit to donating $50 each meeting ($200 total for the year)
- Members get to nominate a charity
- Hear from 3 charities- then vote
- 2 runner-up charities each get $500
- Charity with most votes gets the remaining share (Average is about $5,000)
Choosing an organization:
- Must be a registered charity from South Okanagan
- Members nominate a charity via email
- 3 charities are randomly drawn before the event
- 5 min presentation at the event
- Talk about what they will do with the money
- How it will benefit their project or program
100 Women Who Care Endowment Fund
For every member who joins the 100 Women Who Care initiative they will commit by making a $100 donation to the 100 Women Who Care Endowment Fund which will be used to address future needs in the community.
2023 calendar of events:
April 26th, 5pm – 7pm at Tin Whistle Brewery. RSVP here.
June 14th (Wednesday), 5pm – 7pm at Little Engine Winery. RSVP here.
September 6th (Wednesday), 5pm – 7pm at Noble Ridge Winery. CANCELLED.
November 29th (Wednesday), 5pm – 7pm at Penticton Lakeside Resort. Annual Little Black Dress event is back! RSVP here.
Any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor an Event!
If you’re interested in sponsoring an event, click here.
Join organizations like our Title Sponsor, Engel & Volkers, and Natalie Ferebee Wealth Management in supporting 100 Women Who Care.
Sponsorships enable us to organize events that are informative, engaging and fun, and let’s us collaborate with local vendors/businesses!
Thank you to our 2023 Sponsors!
Colleen Pennington, Lori Lawrie, Sarah Trudeau, Yuki Ihara