The Legacy Club is a group of very special individuals who have made a commitment to giving back to their community.
Membership in the Legacy Club is reserved for those who feel passionate about creating a Legacy Gift for the charities and causes they care about most.
A Legacy Gift is a donation to the Community Foundation from an individual’s estate. In most cases, this gift is set up as an endowment fund with the original donation being held permanently as capital.
This capital is then invested with investment earnings being granted back to local charities.
Some Legacy Club members will identify the charities they wish to support with their endowment fund, while others may wish to have the Community Foundation select recipient charities based on current community needs and priorities.
Two Steps to Membership
1. Name the Foundation as a beneficiary in your will, insurance policy, or RRSP/RRIF or TFSA. (Learn more about this here)
2. Tell us about it by completing the Legacy Club Membership Form.
Benefits of Membership
- Provide a lasting gift to your community
- Invitation to private functions
- Special recognition in reports and at events
- Your story included in the Foundation’s Book of Giving and on our website
- Estate Tax Savings
Contact the Community Foundation office for more information:877-493-9311 | 250.493.9311 | email@example.com
Meet some of our Legacy Club Members
Merle Waite is a quiet, kind-hearted woman from Penticton who made an important decision to create lasting impact in the community…read more>>